Community post

Question

Cycle starting back at 12 weeks postpartum while nursing?

Ok so I just had my 6th child and with all my others I have not had a period for 9 months to a year post partum. This time however my hormones have been kind of crazy and I am starting to think I might be starting back already! I am only 12 weeks post partum and nursing full time. Weeks ago I had this really strange random day of cramping and sudden onset of HUGE discharge. Then somewhere between 10-14 days after ( I was not totally paying attention) I had light bleeding for 4 days. It was really light so I though it was breakthrough bleeding from my hormones shifting around. I started writing things down because any blood for me outside of a a true cycle is really out of the ordinary! So EXACTLY 14 days after the light bleeding I had another sudden onset of heavy discharge and light cramping and that was a few days ago. I am wondering if I am actually cycling. But in the past I have not normally ovulated till about 18 days past OV so 14 would be kind of short.

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

You know, I don't know what the deal is with why that can happen. But I nursed mine exclusively. Even so, after one of mine, I literally never missed a period. I bled for 2 weeks after I had him, then cycled 4 weeks later!

8 years ago

Its possible. My sister started her period only 1 month after giving birth and she breastfed.

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo