Community post

Question

Erratic BBT with clearly biphasic temperatures and an 11 day luteal phase, what does it mean?

Basically I seem to have erratic temperatures but I still have a clear coverline that corresponds with positive OPKs and CM. Ovulation has been confirmed on ultrasounds but with my short 11 day luteal phase and my erratic temperatures I wonder if this could indicate anything else. I have like a bunch of mountains through my whole cycle but the mountains are always higher post ovulation. I haven't been tracking on this site long so I am looking at my phone apps past 6 months of temps, some months I am stable and others are all over the place. Because I still clearly have a biphasic pattern and have confirmed ovulation I don't think it's PCOS especially since imaging and blood work ruled it out but I think it could be hormonal or endocrine related so I want to prepare to see my endocrinologist next month so what would you ask? What would you suspect if this was you? High estrogen? Low progesterone? LPD? What do you think?

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi! I also have periodic erratic temps and an 11 day luteal phase. My temps seem to be on the lower side. I can't see your chart so I'm not sure how erratic they are... do you temp orally? Are you a mouth breather? I didn't think I was a mouth breather but it was suggested to me to temp vaginally instead. I tried it for a month and then took some time off from charting but I think my temps seemed flatter. After 16 months of TTC I have started fertility testing. They have also confirmed I have strong ovulation. Neither my GP or my endo are concerned about my 11 day LP... my estrogen and progesterone are normal and strong. The only thing they "flagged" is that my thyroid levels are on the high side for TTC. They have not put me on any meds for that yet as I have some more bloodtests to go for before that step. Of course everyone is different so definitely talk to your doc about your cycle concerns (hopefully they are FAM friend and receptive to charting as some docs

8 years ago

Sometimes I am a mouth breather I think I will try vaginal temps next month. My thyroid levels are completely normal I have them checked regularly because they were out of whack when I was vitamin D deficient I am not any longer and my levels normalized after treatment. All my blood work has come back normal and ovulation has been confirmed to be happening so maybe it's my hubby's swimmers causing our problems I don't know but it's been since June 2015 and I am still not pregnant. I have interrupted sleep from chronic pain and I think that is messing up my temperatures I also get sweats from my IBD at night so that could be why my temps are off. The worst is apps like glow telling me I am not ovulating even though I have a positive OPK and my ultrasounds and hormones show ovulation because there is no way to tell the app that I did 100% ovulate. I'm starting to think I'm worrying for nothing and it isn't me at all.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo