Community post

Question

Faint positives but only "slightly elevated" blood test? Help!

Okay so bear with me..Last period was 10th-13th of December. DH was home from the 20th-3rd (December & January) We tried multiple times around the time that I thought that I was OV (I don't use OPK's or temping) My period was due around the 7th-10th of January but I started bleeding the night of the 3rd. It lasted 4 days and the first 2 were heavy with bright/dark blood. The last 2 days were brown/pink and only when I wiped (TMI, sorry!). This was very unusual for me so I took a few tests the next few days and got a couple bfn's and a few VERY faint positives. The lines are getting darker everyday but still faint. Blood test results were "slightly elevated" as the doctor said and I need to retest on Monday. What is going on?? Anyone have a similar experience? Please help :(

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I'm so glad that you posted this as I am almost in the exact same boat! My last period started Dec 7th, I did an ovulation test Dec 30 (positive) we had sex Dec 28, 31x2 and Jan 1. But, I also went off the pill in Dec...so this is what is throwing me off. I am pretty sure I had implantation cramping/bleeding Jan 10 - not as heavy as my normal period, and exactly the same I had when I was first preg w my daughter. I have other symptoms too (bloating, exhausted, dizzy, metallic taste in mouth, cramping etc). However I have done 4 tests so far, all negative! (no blood yet). Today is either day 13 or 14 past ovulation and I'm very frustrated. I don't even know when my period is 'due' since I'm all wonky from being off the pill. Sorry...I realize none of this answers *your* initial question, I'm just so relieved to hear of someone else also going through this right now!

8 years ago

Yes I did. I have very irregular periods had a period DEC 10. Tested Jan 3 got faint positive then did a fmu with first response still faint but darker. My hcg on wha would have been day of my missed period was sightly elevated but 3 days later it more than doubled! Now 11 days late and took a test out of curiosity and my test line is darker than the control line!! I also had spotting as well. Best luck to you fingers crossed :)

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo