Community post

Discussion

What's going on with my OPK's?

I've been using OPK's this cycle and they've been all over the place. I finally got my test line as dark/darker than the control line and then the next day is was lighter and the day after that it was dark again. I'm confused and I don't know when I'll actually be ovulating. Please help me!

User Image

7 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

A few things can cause this . Did you notice any other symptoms like increased cervical fluid? How often were you taking the tests? There is always LH being released into your urine so there's always a possibility to see two lines on an opk. Depending on how long you hold your urine will also be a factor (they suggest holding urine for at least 3hrs with minimal liquids so that your urine isn't diluted). They also suggest you only test twice a day (second morning urine and in the evening). So if the test that had a dark line wasn't as dark or darker than the control , it's negative and likely isn't an indicator that the positive one was a false positive. With that being said, it's also likely your body geared up to ovulate and then didn't. Which in that case you could get another positive as your body tries to ovulate again.

7 years ago

I was testing twice a day for 9 days. On cycle day 13, I got a positive (test line was darker than control). And then CD 14, it was negative (line was still kind of dark, but it wasn't positive). And then, yesterday, CD 15, it was positive again (test line was as dark as control). Everyday that I tested, I tested with my 2nd morning urine and then tested again between 5-8pm. And around CD 12, I noticed sticky, egg white type CM and then at about CD 13-14 it started getting more liquid-like and still is.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
It sounds like your second test could be wrong, a faulty test? Maybe the urine you used was too dilute? If you do your bbt a temp rise will confirm if o has taken place or not. If not start Temping next month, you only have to do it a handful of times before o so you have temps to compare with. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of it.
If in doubt keep every two days until the test lines are light again. Good luck

7 years ago

Just tested again today and got another positive. I guess I'm going to have to start temping because I'm confused. Thanks for the good luck wishes!

I used my last stick from my OPK's this morning. I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's too late to tell anything by temping now? Or should I go pick up more another kit?

Hi again,
Yes, unfortunately you need temps before o to compare with. If I were you I would get some cheap dip opk' s from online, that way it doesn't cost a fortune. Sometimes I get a positive for a few days but never longer than that. They say you ovulate the day after your first positive opk.
How many days have you had a positive now? How sensitive are your tests? You might need less sensitive tests if you produce high levels of lh. Some women get cbd opk and use it when the cheap ones get dark. They can tell you when you are most fertile as well as o day
Just some options that might help, hope you get your bfp and don't have to temp or go through this next month

7 years ago

I'd say it works best to do OPK along with temping based on my experience.

This year, I had a MC in April and D&C in May to complete the process. However, on my 2 week follow up the OB said it looks like my follicles are getting ready to drop an egg and ovulate soon. I never got a period in between so I had to make sure I'm doing both OPK and temping. I had positive (high using cbd) OPK on May 24 but my temp did not shift/rise until June 1. Right now, I'm 7 weeks pregnant (had an u/s on July 5 and we found a strong heartbeat of 136 bpm). We are not using the May 24 positive OPK but the June 1 temp rise. The embryo also measures around 7 weeks give or take.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo