Community post

Question

I don't know when to take a test and I'm not sure when I ovulate.

I had my period on the 13th October and was due it again on the 10th of November but I am late. I had unprotected sex between the 31st October and 8th November. I don't know when I ovulate though. Can someone help me? Could I be pregnant? And if so can I tell yet even though it's 12/13 days since unprotected sex.

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Same as the answer I gave you earlier. Yes a test will work. If you ovulated more than 12 hours before you had unprotected sex (which you probably did as you're saying you had sex 12 days ago but your period is late and most people get their period about 14 days after the ovulate) then you won't be pregnant. Given that your period is late, any hpt should work, it even says so in the box.

8 years ago

I was told I couldn't take a test before 14 days after unprotected sex. But I took a test and it came up a faint line and I was just really confused and looking for answers because I'm freaking out.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo