Community post

Question

If you receive a POS OPK test in the morning and test negative throughout the day, is it a true POS?

This is my second cycle using OPK tests. Last cycle I had a positive OPK at CD 18 and it stayed positive for three days. This cycle I started testing at CD 10. I tested (what I thought was) positive on CD 16 around 9:00 am. Then tested when I was supposed to test (12 to 1:00 pm) and the tests were negative. I tested again at night and it was negative. I tested again on CD 17 with SMU at 7:00 am and got a positive, another positive at 9:30 am with third MU. But then tested negative again throughout the day. Is that possible? Is it a true positive a positive that stays positive no matter what time of day or concentration of urine? Or have I not surged yet? I just don't have enough experience with OPKs...

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Depending on the opk. You should use your first morning urine or urine from at least 4 hours concentrated. This is probably why your FMU is saying positive and the others are not. Your urine is probably not concentrated enough. The positive means that you will ovulate in 12-24 hours and that you are having a surge. The surge tells your body to release egg. Which means the surge is not your ovulation but an indicator it will happen soon.

Hope that helps.

~Momma Me~

8 years ago

Thank you for answering. I think I'm second guessing the results! :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo