Community post

Question

Testing Suddenly Negative? PLEASE RESPOND!!

Okay so about 3 weeks ago I was beginning to suspect a pregnancy. I took a test. Negative. Three days later i was still suspicious so I took another. This one came out positive, as did the next two (which, by the way were extremely faint, and with the blue +- tests.) Still not convinced, I bought 2 digitals and 3 first responses with the pink lines, all of which came back with strong positives over the next few days. The digitals came back with 1-2 weeks, and eventually one digital came back with 2-3 weeks. Three days after that I did another digital one, and it came back still 'pregnant' but it was back down to 1-2 weeks. Today (about 4 days since that) I tested with a first response 'pink line' one and it came back 100% negative. I'd be about 6.5 weeks if I am pregnant. I'm going to test again in the morning, and I know I just need to go to the doctor, but if anyone has any ideas before then to ease my mind, it would be much appreciated!

4 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It could be nothing to worry about but it's also possible that you're having an early miscarriage. If that's the case, your period will probably start in the next several days. If you have a doctor that will do what you ask, you can request quantitative hcg tests. They would do two - one to start and a few days later to see if it's doubling or not. As someone who's had several miscarriages now I can tell you it's very sad but you will get through it and go on to have a child in the future. Somehow we have to keep the hope. Good luck to you. I hope it's good news for you and just a fluke with those tests.

8 years ago

It could be nothing to worry about but it's also possible that you're having an early miscarriage. If that's the case, your period will probably start in the next several days. If you have a doctor that will do what you ask, you can request quantitative hcg tests. They would do two - one to start and a few days later to see if it's doubling or not. As someone who's had several miscarriages now I can tell you it's very sad but you will get through it and go on to have a child in the future. Somehow we have to keep the hope. Good luck to you. I hope it's good news for you and just a fluke with those tests.

8 years ago

Also around 6 weeks there's more hcg in your system so sometimes tests don't read properly. Blood test or U/S is your only option at this point bc you can't depend on home pregnancy tests anymore.

8 years ago

Just wanted to thank you guys for your responses. I did end up having an early miscarriage. Wishing you guys the best of luck in the future!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo