Community post

Question

Was this a chemical pregnancy or am I still pregnant?

So three days ago I had three faintish positive hpt, and today they are all saying negative. However I have not had any spotting, cramping or bleeding of any kind and my period has still not arived. I've tested with the same test (frer) so I'm unsure if I had a chemical pregnancy or an still pregnant? Thanks girls!

1 Answer • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

This happened to me. It is most likely a chemical pregnancy. When inexperienced this my first positive test was very very positive. I kept testing for days following the original test because i couldn't believe j was pregnant and seeing the positive test daily was reassuring to me. The next 5 days or so though my test line would get less positive and not a strong as my original positive test. I hoped it was just the brand of pregnancy test I used. I bought the digital test and it said positive, but the test with lines was showing I was getting less pregnant each day. I was in denial until I started bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant. My doctor confirmed it was a chemical pregnancy. I got pregnant with my boy the following cycle.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo