Community post

Question

Slow rising beta hcg, mild cramps on the left side and no pregnancy symptoms. Problem?

I had my first beta hcg test on 12-29-2014 and it was 199. On 12-31-2014 I had the second test and my level was 294. The nurse who called said they expected my number to be at least 315. When I did the calculations, there was only a 47% increase. Most of the sites I've visited say there should be a 60% increase between the 1st and 2nd test.

The nurse did not sound optimistic and did not want to bring the word "biochemical" pregnancy into the conversation. I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. My breast are still tender but it is slowly going away a bit. I don't have any nausea, no tiredness...nothing. I thought as your hcg increased your pregnancy symptoms would increase as well. Or am I making that up?

Any help? I'm starting to spin out.

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I am almost 8 weeks now and everything seems to be going well. My HCG initially did not double either but eventually caught up to the 48 hour doubling time. I had no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever until now. Get another set of HCG tests done to find out what is going on. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

9 years ago

Thanks for the insight and the answer. Just feeling a bit hopeless at the moment. My next test isn't until Monday and I'm afraid I'll have to have another test done. So many test...so few answers.

9 years ago • Post starter

I completely understand but doing the HCG tests will give you the best answers at this point. Prayers your way!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo