Community post

Question

ectopic pregnancy

I've never had an ectopic pregnancy. But I'm feeling some pain on my right side. What does an ectopic pregnancy feel like? And how soon does it manifest? Is it excruciating pain? Did you know right away something is wrong?

4 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I had this a few weeks ago. But mine was an ovarian cyst that ruptured. Harmless enough but extremely painful. Visit ur doctor I'd say

9 years ago

I had ectopic pregnancy in February. I got BFP on all HPTs but had to keep repeating blood work because my levels were low. I barely had pregnancy symptoms. The only sign I had was yellow CM & a lot of sharp stabbing pains in my left ovary. I shrugged them off, especially the stabbing pains thinking that it was just implantation. At 7 weeks pregnant I started having awful pain in my abdomen. Felt EXACTLY like constipation pains. So I successfully had a BM but the pain remained. I was literally on the floor in pain. Finally I asked my husband to take me to the Doc. I began vomiting & passing out in the car. Turns out that my tube ruptured & I was bleeding internally. Emergency surgery within the hour & left tube removed. If it wasn't for my husband, I would have died in our bed at home in my sleep.

I STRONGLY recommend an early ultra-sound (before 6 weeks) to make sure everything is in its right place.

9 years ago

I knew when I was first pregant something was wrong, I was having really bad pains for a few days in a row, hosptial kept sending me home saying I've just had a mischarge until one night the pain was that bad I couldn't even walk straight and I felt like I was going to throw up but the pain kept stopping me, ended up ectopic and was internally bleeding losty left tube

9 years ago

Thank you for these answers. The pain has subsided somewhat, which is good I guess. I'm for sure not on the floor immobilized or vomiting. I went in for anultrasound yesterday and everythng looks fine. That was good, but also confusinsg. Why am I still having pain? And my symptoms this time are very mild also. I'm 3 weeks 6 days. So it's super early. I've been getting positives for 5 days in a row now. They took an hCG and TSH yesterday as well. going back in 48 hours to recheck. It's a wait and see at this point.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo