Community post

Question

What time should i tell my doctor to do the IUI? I need someone who knows math to answer this please

ok i have had two failed iui's in the past year however i am hopeful with this cycle as i am on injectables (gonal f @ 75 iu for 5 days). this is the first time i take gonal F, before i was taking clomid only and i got pregnant twice but both ended in miscarriage due to a uterine septum. so i got surgery to fix my uterus a few months ago and now everything is anatomically normal. so i went in for an ultrasound today being my 11th day of my cycle and i have a total of four folliciles, two of them on my left and two on my right. only the left folliciles are mature, so tomorrow i will get triggered with ovidrel at 9:30 am(thursday)...ok so my question is what time should the iui be scheduled to meet the timing of the egg release? friday morning, afternoon? what time will my eggs be released?

2 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I did my first IUI last Friday and Saturday - it was a double IUI to have a better shot at getting the timing right. I triggered at 10:15pm Thursday evening and had the first IUI at 10:00am Friday. Then, I went back at 10:15am Saturday. So, mine were 12 hours and 36 hours after trigger. I've read that 36 hours after is pretty successful. Good luck!! I'm soooo ready for this to work!!!

9 years ago

I'm no mathematician but I am on my 4th iui so I've been trying to time everything just right too. I'd say with your trigger being at 9:30am that on Friday your insemination should take place after 9:30am ( we calculated my insemination at ~28hrs after trigger) that would be about 1:30 for you. I ve learned frozen sperm lasts about 36 hrs in your uterus, fresh sperm can last up to 5 days and the ovum you want to fertilize only has a window of about 24 hrs i think once you start to ovulate(I am not a doctor this is just what I have found in googling) so there isn't an exact time more like an ideal time frame. I haven't gotten pregnant yet but am hoping that the timing works out for you and me both!!! Good luck

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo