Community post

Question

Having trouble with my opk smiley faces! Breastfeeding, no periods, but TTC

I am currently breastfeeding but have just begun ttc for the second time. I am tracking ovulation with opks and got a solid smiley 5-16. Had no period then got another solid smiley 6-12. My opk is suppose to flash a smiley two days prior to ovulation and the hold the solid smiley for two days straight, however I was curious so I tested for ovulation on 6-13 using an extra test. I received a flashing smiley for 6-13 through 6-17. I took two tests on 6-18 with fmu and one had a solid smiley while the other had nothing. I am so confused. I have not had my first period since my c-section on 12-12-13. Am I really ovulating? If so how many times can you possibly ovulate without having a period after?

1 Answer • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

You can't. If you're ovulating, then you will have periods. An opk just detects the lh surge, not that you're actually releasing the egg. Since you're bf & haven't had your first post partum period yet, you're prob not ovulating yet.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo