Community post

Question

Prenatal Vitamins! What do you recommend?!

Hello girls! So I have found out I am pregnant and want to make sure I am 100% healthy and want to know what Prenatal Vitamins you recommend! Please comment and tell me what worked best for you! Thank you everyone!

9 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I'm currently taking pregnacare conception his and hers , I took them when trying for my son in 2011 an within no time I was pregnant without using the full packet , not sure if these had anything to do with conceiving but worth a try xx

User Image DD 10/03/10 DS 15/09/12 Ttc #3 Since Feb2012

9 years ago

Oh sorry didn't t realise your already pregnant :D I did take the same brand wile pregnant Congratulations =D xx

User Image DD 10/03/10 DS 15/09/12 Ttc #3 Since Feb2012

9 years ago

With my first, I took an OTC prenatal, but with #2 I took prescription. My Dr said that there really is no difference between the two, it just depends on how much you want to spend. Just make sure you're getting at least 800 MCG of folic acid. Also, you may want to consider taking a prenatal dha supplement - I did. a lot of OTC prenatal vitamins come with that. Dha helps support fetal eye/brain development. Whatever you chose, start TODAY. Baby really needs folic acid during the first trimester to prevent defects of the spine and brain.

9 years ago

Ive always just used the OTC prenatals. With my son I used Materna and this one I started off with Jamieson but they bothered my stomach and had to be taken with food so I went back to what I know and trust, Materna. Both OB's saw no issue. Both of those brands have 1mg of folic acid so ur more than covered there.
Congrats! =))

9 years ago

I spent way too long analyzing the mineral and vitamin content and price of 6 prescription and 2 otc brand pre-natals. I ended up picking vitafol-one because with my insurance it was the cheapest brand with the least scary heavy metals and a plant based oil rather than a fish based one. It also wasn't a giganitic pill.

9 years ago

My doctor has always said there isn't really any difference between OTC and prescription, just use what you like. I use Target's UP & UP Prenatals. They are the store brand version of Stuart's. I LOVE them. They don't upset my tummy and they are small, so you won't gag trying to get them down during first trimester nausea. They are wonderful. I use them throughout nursing too. I have three healthy little girls :)

9 years ago

Have been using Prenatal One, manufact. by Rainbow Light, food-based multivitamin that is gentle on the stomach.

9 years ago

My favorite ones are the sour gummy ones. I don't know the content of them, but I fnd that the sour offsets that nasty watery vitamin saliva I get from swallowing pills, especially vitamins. I usually eat 2-3 at a time because it sometimes helps cure a hankering for candy too. I don't think you're supposed to take more than like 4 a day so I don't. (Sorry I'm being lazy and not looking at the package right now.) congrats and best wishes!

9 years ago

As long as there is 800mg folic acid + DHA they should be great. I'm currently taking NatureMade brand and I don't particularly like them as they upset my stomach.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo