Community post

Discussion

Needing Support

Hello. I am roughly 6 weeks along and have been enjoying the fact that I am pregnant. However, today that all stopped immediately. I had severe cramping about two days ago and my doctor wanted me to get an ultra sound to check of everything was okay. During my ultrasound I can tell the worry and the tears this doctor was holding back.... She played it off well and showed me what I thought was a healthy baby. However, within an hour I get a call from my doctor and he tells me I am pregnant with twins and one is ectopic. He also said you will need to go into surgery.
I can't even process this. I have one healthy child and one child that is going to die and possibly might kill me. The doctor said he doesn't think I will be able to keep the pregnancy with the healthy baby either. Someone help me. I'm scared.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I've never been in this situation but i'd get a second opinion, fingers and toes crossed for you <3

9 years ago

I'm so, so sorry you're having to go through this - what an awfully unfair situation to be in. My heart hurts for you. I second getting a second opinion. For whatever it's worth, although I've never had an ectopic pregnancy I know several women who have. As difficult as the experience was for each of them, every one of them got through it ok (I only know 2 of them well enough to know the rest of their stories, but of those 2 one went on to have a beautiful child and the other did not, but for reasons unrelated to the ectopic pregnancy). I hope you're taking care of yourself and you're surrounded by wonderful supports - thinking good thoughts for you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo