Community post

Question

Baby Asprin and Robitussin for fertility??

So after reading through forums and questions on here and other sites, I've seen lots of women say things like "gonna take a baby asprin" or "took a dose of Robitussin at 7am and again at 11." Is there some magical baby dust power these things possess? LOL. Just curious! Its something I've never heard...

5 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

My dr.puts me on baby aspirin every time we are trying to conceive. I was diagnosed with the antiphospholipid syndrome and apparently it is helpful with my condition. Once I receive a positive pregnancy test I have to also do bloodthinners via injections. My dr. feels baby aspirin is a helpful tool for many women whether they have the condition I have or not because it has anti-inflammatory properties. Baby aspirin is inexpensive and causes no harm, so why not try it. I have not tried Robitussin to improve cervical mucus, instead I am using Guaifenesin. It is supposed to thin mucus also. I am not convinced it improves my CM, but again, why not try it. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

9 years ago

Thanks for answering! With all the hype about not taking medications wgen prego, I was kinda shocked to see asprin on a fertility site! But after reading up more on it, it makes sense and may be worth a try! Thanks and good luck!

9 years ago • Post starter

I used baby aspirin both times we conceived. I stopped taking it when I got my BFPs, but some doctors may recommend staying on it for certain medical conditions. Always follow your doctor's advice when it comes to meds, but it worked for me both times:-) I never tried Robitussin. GL!

9 years ago

I had 3 miscarriages and did Lots of tests but they all came back fine so my consultant told me to take 120mg a day and when I fall pregnant again Carry on taking 120mg asprin till I'm 20 weeks pregnant and now I'm 4 months pregnant and going strong and still taking my asprin. I think it has helped me to carry my rainbow baby as asprin helps with implantation. Good luck and lots of baby dust xx

9 years ago

Robitussin is guaifenesis, which is an expectorant. If you do take Robitussin to help cm, you want to use the Robitussin where guaifenesis is the only active ingredient. If it has decongestants in it, that may dry you out. As for baby aspirin, I have read it helps implantation by helping build up the uterine lining. Unless you have other issues, your Dr will recommend you stop taking it once you get your bfp.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo