Community post

Discussion

Super faint positive on day of missed period?!

So I just kinda had a guy feeling this month. Call it a mother's hunch if you will. But anyways, I tested at what I thought was 10 dpo and got a bfn. But after a few more days of "I just feel it" I tested again and got a super faint line at 13dpo. It was faint but very easily seen and obviously there. Came up within 2 minutes. I tested again the next day at 14 dpo and the day my period was due and it's still super faint. I went to my doctor and she came in and told me my urine test was negative. I know I jumped at her and shouldn't have but ya know lol. I urged her to look again and she did and said you're right there is a slight line. Is this normal for the day of your missed period though?? For it to be so faint? I'm kinda worried! No Af or Af like symptoms today has me really encouraged! My sense of smell is off the charts an I've had the stretching and pulling,headaches, sore breasts, and nausea. I'm pretty confident this is my NGO but the faintness of those lines has me worried! Any advice??

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

This is not going to be a very positive reply. The times I have gotten faint positives have ended in miscarriage (and chemical pregnancy as my last time in April.) So yes, I was technically pregnant, but it didn't last long. I know that this is NOT always true for other people, but for me. Especially with my chemical pregnancy, I finally got a beta hcg blood draw which confirmed just enough hcg in my system to get a faint positive on several hpt, but it wasn't rising, and then eventually went back down.

9 years ago

Thank you for your honesty. I'm trying not to worry too much just yet but I know there is always that chance. I've been looking at a lot of hpt progression photos online and a lot of them don't begin to look very positive until around 16 or 17 dpo. I also think I ovulated later than I originally thought which would have me testing at 11 and 12 dpo. I haven't started yet so I plan on testing again today just to check for preogression. I may even wait til Friday lol. I was 5 weeks pregnant when my daughters hpt finally became visible.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo