Community post

Question

No period

Ok it's almost 6 weeks after I stopped the pill no sign of period and negative preg tests going insane not sure what to do please help??

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

After I stopped the pill, I didn't get a period for 3 months after my last withdrawal bleed. The pill works by stopping ovulation so it may take a few months for your cycles to resume. That is very common & your fertility will return just fine. Once my cycles returned, I had no problems conceiving & now have two healthy daughters. If your period doesn't start back by the 3 mos mark, and you aren't preg, then see your Dr. Until then, keep having regular sex.

10 years ago

Sometimes after stopping the pill or any BC your periods may be very irregular til they figure out their cycle again. Your rbody was use to being told when to have a period, now it isnt being told when to have it so it gets confused in a sense lol. It doesn't happen to ALL women but it happens to a lot. Just wait it out, it is bound to come sometime. You just wont know when. If you're that nervous then call your doc. But IF you think you may be pregnant then keep testing every 3 days or so. It'd be a waste to test more than that cuz it takes about 72 hours for your HCG levels to double. But if you are TTC, wait until you have a normal period to start trying because then you'll know if you could be expecting to be pregnant or not. At this point in time, you dont know when your period is coming so you dont know when/if you ovulated. Just wait for that period! haha or a positive test if you think you are pregnant. hope this helped and GOOD LUCK!! :)

10 years ago

It took me 1 year to the day to get pregnant after the pill. I hear all the time about ladies getting pregnant soon after but it took a while for me . Good luck :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo