Community post

Question

Help! HCG levels? Please be kind and give your opinion or experience

So I just got my first bfp today and my doc had me do a urine test but it was faint so I did a blood test. HCG level came back at 10miu. I am 10dpo. Haven't even missed my period yet. Is this level normal? Nurse says maybe I just implanted. Also experiencing af like cramping.

I go back in a week for my levels to be checked.

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

The starting number isn't important - it's gotta start somewhere, what's important is how it rises. I'll bet next week you'll see a HUGE increase. CONGRATS!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

It's very possible that the embryo could have implanted very recently. The AF like cramps are usually the egg burrowing so hopefully it's just early and hcg is just starting to rise. Praying for strong numbers for you!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

10 years ago

like they said, the first number doesn't matter, it's if that number doubles in the next 2-3 days. i'm assuming you're having another blood test around then?? i had a very faint BFP on 9DPO, but my doc made me wait until 14DPO to have a beta ran and mine was 344 then. 17DPO beta was 1102. that's an example of what you want the numbers to do. it's very likely my level was 10 at 9 or 10DPO, you gotta start somewhere :)

TTC #1 since October 2012. Me: Diagnosed with Graves' (Feb. 2013) and Celiac (July 2013) disease. Doctor suspicious of stage I endometriosis (Jan. 2014) DH: SA very good in Jan. 2014 Me:30 DH:29 April 14th first BFP!!! EDD is Dec. 26th! please send !!! User Image User Image

10 years ago

Thank you for responding, ladies. I'm going to do my best to stay calm and wait to see what my levels are next week. This pregnancy is so different. With my first, I was late for af before I realized I was pregnant. This one I knew instantly hence the testing at 9 and 10dpo.

10 years ago • Post starter

I am pretty sure 10 is normal for being only 10dpo. You are pregnant. Im surprised your doc didnt say that. Maybe he/she doesnt want you to get your hopes up in case you have a chemical pregnancy? but you are defff pregnant. good luck! keep us posted on what happens! best wishes and baby dust to you!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo