Community post

Discussion

Needing Your Ovulating Expertise before I Go Coocoo

So this month I used the ovulation strips with the pink handle. I had what is believed to be a false positive on an HPT on DPO 11. On DPO 12 & 13, I had weird spotting which I never ever EVER get before AF. But then af showed like clockwork on DPO14. Me being curious minded I've been POAS crazy on the ovulation test, however they keep coming back positive! Even now, as AF is in affect (I get a full 5 days)!

Side note, I never use FMU on them. It's always afternoon/evening urine.

So I decided to dip these strips in water to see if I get a positive since so many say you always get two lines! Well, no line at all!!!

So why do I keep getting positives? Grrr?!

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi there. Why don't you put some pictures of your OPKs up. Is the test line definitely darker than the control line? You will often have two lines because you usually have some LH in your urine which is what is being tested. Water won't show two lines as it has no LH.

Do you drink enough water to keep well hydrated? If not then your urine can be very concentrated and hence the normally low levels of LH would appear darker.

Have you done another HPT just in case?

10 years ago

I posted one two days ago where over 80% agreed it was positive. I am not a huge water drinker but I drink no more or less than average. I did another one this evening that didn't have as dark of a line. No hpt yet, waiting until AF is complete in a day or so but I'm doubting I'm pregnant after a full period.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo