Community post

Question

Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, can an early pregnancy survive?

Hi, I ovulated on 3.3.14, I was also scheduled to have endometriosis surgery on 3.13.14. The pregnancy test I took at the hospital was negative by urine sample, however, I would only be 10 days past ovulation. I am now currently on 16dpo and have only had a little spotting since the surgery, but have been nauseas the last 3 days, bad enough to run too the bathroom to throw up. My question is, could a pregnancy this early on survive surgery, even though the pregnancy test at the hospital was negative?
thanks in advance!

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Did they only do the laparoscopic surgery? With all 3 of mine, they did a hysteroscopy and D&C as part of the surgery. Maybe test again, but the surgery can also mess up your cycle a bit

10 years ago

To my understanding no, they wouldn't operate if you were pregnant. Before you have surgery when they do the pre surgery checklist they ask and test if you are pregnant. I'm four days out of having my laparoscopy for moderate endo and I'm also spotting hence why you might of needed to wear a pad post surgery, I've also felt nauseous most days and almost to the point of vomiting, it could be the medication your on so keep and eye on it. They do a lot of lazering and cutting when they remove it and it will take time to heal but if they found it, and were able to remove it then your chances of conceiving are much higher. My DH and I are young, fit and been ttc for 2.5 years now, I've had 6m/c, have hyperprolactinemia but I know that this surgery has been what will help me on hold to the pregnancy. I'm hopeful it will be the same for you too! Keep your chin up it won't be long till we're posting our BFP <3 xxxx

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo