Community post

Discussion

period 2 days late, initially pos. preg tests now neg.

I am 2 days late and always very regular. I began taking pregnancy tests about 5 days ago and they all had faint positive in time frame. Now yesterday and today they are negative. False positives or chemical pregnancy? No period or pregnancy symptoms. Any ideas?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

From what I understand and my OB told me, there are times that, when a woman tests "too soon", can find out that she's pregnant and then, as being an non evolutive pregnancy, the tests start to show negative.

It's possible to have a false negative, but the "false positive" is usually a extremely early lost pregnancy.

That happen to me a month ago.

My period was due on the 24th, I tested negative on the 25th, then positive on the 30th, and on the 1st and 2nd tested positive too. Then, I started bleeding and tested negative on the 6th.

It happens and it's much more normal that what I thought. It just happens that, most of the time, the pregnancy loss bleeding is seen as a late period (when you are not expecting and testing really early).

That might be the case, so better go to the doctor to check if everything is clean inside, before you start a new trying round ;)

I was totally clean less than a week after the bleeding started, so we're back on tracks :)

Hope it helped!

Good luck!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo