Community post

Question

HIGH BMI and TTC... Anyone else?

Was wondering if anyone else has a high BMI and they are TTC? I have my period like clock work and thought the concern around a high BMI was not getting your period on a regular basis. Could that be the reason I'm not pregnant yet? Should I stop trying and focus on weight loss? I know others on here have been trying for awhile. However this is my third IUI with no success... Just thinking because its pretty expensive every month should I wait to get my BMI down before I try again.

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I'm 5'4" and weighed 172lbs pre-pregnancy. I've got a large frame and curvy build, so I carry my weight well, but I could still stand to lose about 20lbs, and I got pregnant. It took a while, but it was done, and everything is healthy for both baby and me. Unless you're very obese, with a bmi higher than 35, I don't think weight is a major issue. Plus-size ladies get pregnant all the time. :) If you're really concerned, speak with your doctor before your next IUI. Good luck. Hope you get your bfp soon!

8 years ago

I have a high BMI and have for about 10 years. It took me a while to get pregnant with both of them, but my periods were very irregular. I don't have PCOS, but I have had several cysts. I think the thinking is that women with PCOS tend to have higher BMIs and that PCOS makes it harder to get pregnant. I had blood testing done and discovered that I had higher testosterone than normal, which my doctor said could cause my weight issues or my weight issues could cause the higher testosterone.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo