Community post

Question

5 week scan booked on Tuesday - any one else had one this early ?

Hi everyone. Im 5 weeks pregnant on Tuesday :-D
I had my hcg taken at 3+6 & was 510. At 4+1 it was nearly 1400 :-)
I had a scan at 3+6 which showed a thickened endometrium and that was it. So im booked in on tuesday for another scan.
By that point my hcg should be well over 11000 if they have continued to doubled.
Has anyone else had a scan at 5 weeks and seen much ?
Thank you for reading x

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

With my first, I had a scan at 5 wks 1 day due to cramping. All you could see was the gestational & yolk sac. However, when they did a repeat scan 5 days later, we got to see the heartbeat! Don't be surprised if you don't see much at such an early stage. When you go back for your next scan, it will be much more exciting.

10 years ago

I've had scans at 5wk2d and 5wk5d because of spotting. First scan they couldnt see anything. Second they could see the sac.. well actually two sacs!

HCG needs to be over about 1500 to really see anything on u/s. With your numbers you should be well over that level. But still early may only see a sac.

Good luck

10 years ago

Curious though... but is there a reason why they are doing scans so early for you?

10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I fainted at work and got admitted to hospital as i was having pain. They thought it was an ectopic. When they did the first scan they couldnt rule it out. Thats why i also had my hcg as they said if my hcg doubles it should be a normal pregnany. So going back tuesday to see if there is anything there :-)

10 years ago • Post starter

Oh wow ... hope everything is ok. Fainting and pain must have been scary. Your HCG levels look good though! More than doubled in two days. Mine went from 848 at the first scan to 1647 at the second. Have another scan and HCG tomorrow so hoping to see some good numbers (been a week since last scan and HCG).

Good luck with your scan! Hoping you at least get to see something!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo