Community post

Question

Metallic taste 9 DPO

Hi there. I'm 30 w/one daughter and don't want any more kids. I had an incident this cycle now I'm worried. I tested at 9 DPO and got a negative. I though t I was out of the woods, yay. But then last night I had a strange taste in my mouth every time I swallowed when I ate. Didn't think much of it. That didn't happen the last time I was pregnant. Then today at 10 DPO I woke up with sore tingling boobs and the taste is super strong. I have PCOS and never ovulate...ever. So this cycle I actually did and have no clue what's normal pms symptoms and what's not. Can this taste in my throat be pregnancy related? Is there any other explanation? Last time I got a positive at 9 DPO. no symptoms. Now it's the opposite lol.

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Was it a metallic taste? Getting a positive test at 9 dpo is very uncommon. Have you changed or started any medications recently? Some can put a strange taste in the mouth. Having pcos, as you know, makes it hard to conceive even when ovulation does occur. But the symptoms you listed do sound pretty classic!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo