Community post

Question

I am 4 weeks today...red spotting?

I got a + blood test on tuesday and had another blood test today and my levels had more than tripled in those two days. My doctor said everything looked good but then this morning I had a bout of bright red blood. Not a lot just enough to get on my underwear a little bit and on the tissue when I wipe. Ever since then I havent seen anything. I am really worried. My doctor didn't seem to be that concerned and said if it continued to go on to bed rest until the spotting stopped. Could this be a sign of an early miscarriage? I would have normally started my period today (I am 4 weeks today) I did read about some women having breakthrough bleeding at this time since our levels are still low. But I am really worried! Any advice?

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

it could be a sign...dont worry though...if ur not having cramps or anything strange like that i wouldnt worry,keep getting betas done every 48 hours...gl hun n take it easy

12 years ago

Sweetie please don't worry. I had exactly this and even had some small clots which made lose my marbles considering I have already had 4 miscarriages. Please don't panic even if you have some period type cramps. Do exactly what the doctor says and stay in bed. It's the only weapon we have against bleeding in early pregnancy. Funny thing that although this is the only pregnancy I've had bleeding in, it's also the most successful so far (i'm 11.5 weeks).

I had bright red blood and then brown old blood and then bright red and runny, thick and stringy, clots, lumps, smudges, stinging painful type of cervix pain and the works. Of course NO ONE wants any bleeding at all, but let me assure you it's not necessarily bad. I hope you find the strength to cope either way but my hormones tripled exactly like yours so I'm very hopeful. xoxoxo

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo