Community post

Question

Should I be tracking CM all month, or just during my fertile period?

I am TTC my first child and after a few months of "we'll see what happens", and two months of actively trying I decided I should track my CM. My cycle is very normal, 28 days almost every single month. Do I need to track my CM every single day, or only when I start to get closer to my fertile period??? I also purchased a bunch of ovulation test strips so I can find the exact ovulation date.

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I would chart CM till O confirmed (3 temps after thermal shift with BBT). I also suggest charting CP as very helpful. Sometimes we have a dry cycle and CM scant. A 28 day cycle doesn't guarantee O on CD 14 so you might find it helpful. HSO CP means O. You will dry up before AF. If pregnant, CM can be a whole mix of things, so there is no one CM that means BFP. Sometimes charting CM post-O just stresses women out.

10 years ago

both. start around day 12 of your cycle. wants you see ewcm start having sex every other day until its gone. I got preg my 2nd month trying by cm. but it ended in misscarriage.

10 years ago

Ovulation test strips, or ovulation predictor kits (OPK), will not necessarily give you an exact O date, as they only predict that you will ovulate in the 24-36 hours or so. Tracking CM and cervical position can help pinpoint O better along with OPK, and BBT can help confirm O after the fact. Good luck!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo