Community post

Question

Positive digital ovulation test but day 21 prog levels low, WTF?

this month is my 6th month of clomid day 5-9 starting at 50mg and increasing each month. It worked 2 cycles ago with 200mg of clomid but ended in a chemical pregnancy. Currently im day 21 and just got my prog results which is 1.4. Whats confusing is that i got peak smile using the clearblue digital on day 18 and have also been temping and since day 18 ive felt nauseated, bloated and 'off' the same as my previous cycle which my prog levels were 70. Im feeling angry depressed and sad when i was convinced that i had ovulated. Has anyone else experienced similar and is there any chance that i have ovulated or is this month a total waste? My doctor is away till the 27th so i wont be able to ask them

BabyFruit Ticker

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hi there. If you got a peak on CD18 you may have ovulated a day or two later, so perhaps progesterone just hadn't risen yet? Are they going to repeat the test? Do you want to post a link to your chart so I can look at what seems to be happening? Hopefully it is not a waste! This is my 6th cycle of clomid too. I have ovulated each month (average of CD17 which is great!!!) but I haven't had any pregnancies at all from it :( I am 11dpo today with five more days till I expect my period. Hang in there! I hope you get some better results and feel better about things soon!

10 years ago

hi shelob,
thanks for replying to my question. The tester was positive late on day 18 (20th jan) so i have my fingers crossed that i did ovulate. My dr is away till the 27th so i wont know anything till then. I work at a hospital so i might get a colleague to give me a pathology slip and ill restest in maybe two days.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/my-account/bbt_chart.php?cycleid=286752
i hope the link worked!

BabyFruit Ticker

10 years ago • Post starter

Yep the link worked. Not a great jump in temp yet but it could still be coming! That is useful working in a hospital! I hope you ovulated!!!

10 years ago

So i had my progesterone levels rechecked today and my progesterone level came back at 13.3. Ive read that it should be above 30 so does that mean that my body may have been preparing for ovulation but it never occured? My dr is away till tuesday as it is a long weekend with monday being a public holiday so i cant talk to her about it. I tested last night with cb digital ovulation and it showed high fertility after 2 days of low fertility. Today it shows peak fertility and my temp is slightly higher today so im totally confused as to when and if ive ovulated

BabyFruit Ticker

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo