Community post

Discussion

Early miscarriage and on clomid

I recently had a miscarriage on my 6th cycle of clomid as i dont seem to ovulate on my own for unexplained reasons. (Hubbys sperm is fine) and my latest blood bhcg has come back at 4.
I havent been able to ask my fert dr as this had occured over the weekend. My question is do i need to wait till my get period naturally (my cycles are erratic and i can go 2+ months without a period) then start the clomid again in the new cycle? And is it possible to take primolut to induce the period so that i dont have to wait for my period to come itself?
I was only about 5 weeks along and the bleeding from the miscarriage stopped about 2 days ago and my hcg has very quickly come down to 4 although it wasnt very high to begin with.

I also had an early miscarriage or cp back in november while on clomid and havent been 'monitored' apart from progesterone at day 21 and i requested to have my prog tested when i had the 1st bhcg done which was approx 11dpo and the prog came back at 1.7 :( Im wondering whether the clomid is thinning my uterine lining so im going to ask for an ultrasound to check this when ovulation is confirmed and ask to go on progesterone pessaries as i dont think i can go through another miscarriage

BabyFruit Ticker

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I took 6rounds of clomid before I became pregnant, I also do not ever k.ow when i am going to . Síndromes I wont have a period for months and months. Well anyways I had a early mc in dec. had a mc cycle dec.27th lasted alittle over a week and just waited it out. I started feeling ovulation pains and sure enough i was oing, now aweek and a half later Im pregnant again! Goodluck. FX!!

10 years ago

hi kstefanski,
sorry for your loss, congrats for your bfp!
Did you have any monitoring to check if the clomid thins your lining?
I know its a waiting game but im anxious to get onto the next cycle and the idea of having to wait at least a month before that happens isnt nice as i dont seem to ovulate on my own so it just feels like ill have wasted a month :(
How long after your mc did you get your period?

BabyFruit Ticker

10 years ago • Post starter

I never did ovulate on my own either but I did! And it was a strong One. Ever since I started clomid my ovulation has been so.intense, it wasnt real painful but I definitely felt it arond the fours days I was getting super positive ops. My lining was good it was still difficult for me to get pregnant on clomid, unlike those who get a healthy pregnancy on the first try. It took me 6 rounds and even with that I miscarried. I did take a minute to ovulate again I has my mc cycle on dec.27 and it lasted alittle over a week. I hadnt has a period just caught my ovulation and got pregnant!

10 years ago

Sorry this phones horrible!

10 years ago

thats ok. so did you have an ultrasound to check your lining if you know that it was good? Im wondering if thats my problem as my progesterone was so low this time. Im waiting to hear back from my dr if she thinks its necessary but im going to ask to go onto the progesterone anyway to cover all bases.
This is the 2nd day of spotting (sorry if tmi) after nothing for 3 days so i dont know if its af coming or not. Could it be too soon for af after mc??
How far along are you?

BabyFruit Ticker

10 years ago • Post starter

Yes i had an ultrasound, everything looked good she said but she just couldnt find a sac then i did betas and they fell insed of rose. But its very possible many ladies experence clomid giving that side effect def. get on the progesterone it will help either way. Your spotting is most definitely mc still. I spotted on nd off for about 2weeks. Dont worry its normal. You have to Ovulate for af to come and that wont happen for atleast 2 weeks after mc clears. I just found out I was pregnant, I only o'd on 1-30. Hang in there hun!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo