Community post

Question

Brown muddy looking discharge - should I be worried?

I am approximately 6w4d pregnant and I'm experiencing a brown muddy looking mucus discharge.

Is this normal or should I be worried?

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I had this at around 6 weeks for about 5 days but I panicked and went to the hospital and they did a scan, at that point they weren't sure if the baby was going to develop further or result in miscarriage. I'm now 15 weeks pregnant and haven't had the discharge since, as long as it's not bright red clots I would try not to worry but if you feel you can't wait till you have a scan take a trip to the hospital. Good luck to you and the baby

10 years ago

I had that at 14-17 dpo. Everything was fine. I have a 3 month old baby girl now. She was born 16 weeks premature.

10 years ago

Sadly this pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I went in for an OBGYN appointment and the little one only measured at 6w0d and only had a heart rate of 80bpm. I miscarried three days later unfortunately. :-(

I was told by my OBGYN that discharge like this can be normal or it could indicate something more sinister. If you're reading this and youre experiencing discharge; don't panic and seek advice from a medical professional when able. If its meant to be, it's meant to be. :-)

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo