Community post

Discussion

Brown muddy vaginal mucus discharge

I am approximately 6w4d pregnant and have started experiencing a brown muddy looking vaginal discharge. This is the second day it has been occurring and I don't have any cramping.

Is this normal or something to be concerned about?

User Image

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

A couple of days ago, I had the same thing, only as the day progressed, it became a little more watery. I tried to look up an answer online, other then personal experiences (both positive and negative), only one said that brownish discharge is tricky to diagnosed (because it could be normal or serious). Upon reading that, I went to the ER and waited 9 hours just to hear that it is normal. Best advice is to call your doctor and see what they say.

10 years ago

I'm booked in with my OBGYN tomorrow which should provide some answers. I am still experiencing the discharge but its hasn't got any heavier or lighter. Fingers crossed everything is OK.

10 years ago • Post starter

Sadly this pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I went in for an OBGYN appointment and the little one only measured at 6w0d and only had a heart rate of 80bpm. I miscarried three days later unfortunately. :-(

I was told by my OBGYN that discharge like this can be normal or it could indicate something more sinister. If you're reading this and youre experiencing discharge; don't panic and seek advice from a medical professional when able. If its meant to be, it's meant to be. :-)

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo