Community post

Question

Pregnant after Miscarriage?

I had a Miscarriage at 12 weeks on 30 Aug. Was bleeding (very light with dark brown colour for about 11 days after the D&C done that day. After about 2 weeks the dark brown light period returned for another week and a half. I took that as a period and am currently standing at 36 days. I am bloated and have gained 2 kgs even though my diet has not changed much. Can one fall pregnant so soon afterwards and is it even healthy? I am terrified to test because I don't know if I would be able to handle a negative test...

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I'm sorry for your loss I too had a miscarriage in August and had a cyst removed and a d&c done I gained 10 pounds after the surgery my doctor told me it's normal after surgery as the blood I guess is a period mine was long and heavy too and I'm pretty sure your cycle needs time to regulate before you can get prego again but by now you should be able to get prego me and. My husband are trying again and I've been cramping and nausea hope it's a go don't be afraid it's a journey good luck

10 years ago

Sorry for your loss. The bleeding is your body cleansing itself, it does not view MC any different than a healthy preg. You are shedding the new and old blood and your hormones are adjusting back to normal, your uterus is recovering, and your body has been under stress. Your cycle is reworking itself along with your hormones. You are more fertile immediately after any pregnancy but be careful when TTC right after a MC. It is best to let your body heal first and then TTC again. While you may feel well enough, remember your body is adjusting and going through changes and needs a proper healing to give a baby a safe environment. If you test with a hpt confirm it with your OB, incase any hormone levels are still off. If you think you are see your OB since you are high risk b/c you had a MC and possibly pg so soon after. Do not let high risk scare you, just means OB will observe you more carefully.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo