Community post

Question

1 Miscarriage. PCOS. 2nd Cycle on Clomid 50 mg - I didn't ovulate. Should I be worried?

Hello, I always had PCOS (I was diagnosed at 16). I had one miscarriage last year (after taking Metformin) and we are trying again. We tried three months without success and without me having a regular period (38, 40 days cycles). I'm taking Clomid 50 mg, CD 5-9 (started this July). This second round (August) I started monitoring my ovulation with a OPK and ... all lows (CD6-CD26). No sign of me ovulating. I'm trying not to get worried because, well, it won't help anyway. So, I just wanted to know if anyone has anything to add on this. Should I be worried? Should I continue taking Clomid even if it doesn't look like I'm ovulating? Can it be that it takes some cycles for the body to catch up on the drug? Has anyone had that experience? Thank you so much for any insights on this and lots of baby dust for you.

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

i am having iui natually with sperm donor so havent had an experience with clomid. but i do know from others that sometimes the dose the first time round isnt enough so sometimes it takes a second try at it to get it right. i wish you the best.

10 years ago

Thank you. I will speak to my doctor if I don't ovulate again.

10 years ago • Post starter

Wish you the best too!

I also have pcos and took clomid 7 times at 50mg and 100mg. I never ovulated until the 7th time at 100 mg while taking glumetza (brand name of metformin) at the same time. You may need a higher dose or you can add other medications like metformin or a trigger shot. You can go up to 150mg of clomid.

10 years ago

I'm thinking about this. Taking Metformin or another drug together with Clomid. I'm waiting for AF and then I'll talk to my OBGYN. Thank you for your answer!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo