Community post

Question

Could I still be pregnant?!

Okay well I am on a 28 day cycle..I had my period July the 10th, it was normal. I intercourse on July 17,18 and the 22..My ovulation should have been on the 24th of July. Well this month I started on the 5th of August. .Two days early. .During my cycle my breast on the sides begin to become sore to the point that is concerned me because it was for me a bit uncommon. But some woman have sore breast during their cycle so I went with it..Well my cycle ended on Sunday. .well there wasn't anymore blood by then at all..Breast still tender on the sides but I'm like okay it's just changing up a bit..Well last night 5 days after my period ended I had some brown, well start out brown to dull reddish spotting last night which has never happened to me ever..I wore a pad last night to watch it but just really brown spotting nothing else..when I wiped this morning a little pinkish discharge. .nothing else..took hpt and was a Bfn..could I still be pregnant??HELP ME LADIS:-)Thanks in advance:-)

10 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

I meant Ladies* sorry typo.

10 years ago • Post starter

I do not believe there is a chance you are pregnant. When you have AF, it's your uterus shedding its lining. If there was a baby there, it would kill the baby. The spotting your experiencing now could actually be a sign you're about to ovulate. You are on CD12 and most women ovulate around CD14-16 depending on their cycle length. Hope this helps!

*23, Christian, PCOS Variant, TTC My 1st* User Image

10 years ago

Thanks for your response:-) I'm not so sure..Both my sister and my best friend had cycles for 4 months before they discovered they were pregnant, even hpt were showing a bfn..I don't think it kills the baby though. I appreciate your input :-)

Just to clarify something. It is impossible to have a period when you are pregnant. HOWEVER... many people experience bleeding during the first trimester that can be mistaken as a period if you don't know your pregnant. And it is unusual to get BFN and be pregnant after 5 weeks... but definitely not impossible.

Your likely not pregnant. But only a blood test can confirm.

Good Luck.

10 years ago

Thank you:-) It is not impossible to have periods the entire time you are pregnant. .As I stated my sister had a period for 4 months..by the time a bfn showed up she was 5 months pregnant. .No impossible though..maybe unusual but not impossible. .She and her husband had a baby girl..Thanks so very much for your response. .I truly appreciate it :-)

Wow, that's the first time I have heard from someone that actually knew someone personally that had a period and was still pregnant. I was told it was impossible. That you could have some spotting, but not a full on period. It may run in your family then? Maybe go get a blood test if you're still concerned and having odd symptoms. Hope you get your bfp!

10 years ago

You cannot have what is defined as your period when you are pregnant. You can, however, have bleeding from other causes -- the most common ones are because your cervix becomes filled with blood and very sensitive during pregnancy and bleeds easily, also SCH (subchorionic hematoma) where there is bleeding around the placenta - this can be heavy and easily resemble your period.

But your actual period is the hormonally triggered shedding of the uterine lining -- which cannot happen while you are pregnant.

Good luck!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/decidual-bleeding-symptoms-causes-and-complications-during-pregnancy.html

That is some really good information. I have never heard of it before! Thanks for sharing.

10 years ago

You are most welcome :-)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo