Community post

Question

10 weeks pregnant & empty sac?! Also bleeding & bad cramp/pain? Please help!!

Yesterday I went for my first ultrasound scan expecting to be at least 10 weeks along. They first scanned by stomach then did a internal scan but all they could see was the sac with no baby! The nurse was unsure of what was going on & suggested that my dates were out and I could only be 6 weeks at a push. I know for sure that my dates are not 4 weeks out!! I was referred to a clinic and blood tests were taken & will be taken again in 2 days to see if my Hcg levels rise (hopefully!) Later that day I started bleeding (pinky/red rather watery with blood clots. Sorry if that's tmi!) & getting cramps in my back, pelvis and the right side of the stomach. I went to a&e and was told to take a paracetamol and lie down!! I'm freaking out! I've still got the pains, the blessings calmed down and turned a brown colour with dark nearly a black colour blood clots!
I have no idea what's going on?! I expected yesterday to see a healthy 10 week old baby but nothing..
Can any suggest w

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

....(Just an update: the bleeding has now turned red with big blood clots.. BUT as I'm so impatient and confused I have just taken a pregnancy test that came out positive 3+ weeks!! I actually took one yesterday as well that only came out as 2 -3 weeks.. I have no clue what an earth is going on? Please has anyone got any suggestions or advice? (I do apologise if this is tmi!))

10 years ago • Post starter

It sounds like you are having a miscarriage :( I am so sorry. Pregnancy tests will show positive for awhile as it can take weeks for hcg to go back to 0. Very sorry things have gone this way :(

10 years ago

so sorry this is happening to u . looks like ur bean didnt stick. sending prayers ur way dear as u go thru this nightmare

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

10 years ago

This is what exactly happened to me in March. What I had was called a blighted ovum miscarriage. Please look it up and see if this is what you are going through. xo

10 years ago

I'm so sorry Hun but if your 10 weeks with an empty sac it is a lighted ovum.. At 6 weeks you should even be able to see a hb so if would mean you would have to be out by 5 weeks.. Which is unlikely. So sorry Hun, Unfortunatly these things happen. The pregnancy isn't viable :(

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo