Community post

Question

5 weeks pregnant & heavy bleeding + cramps.. am I losing the baby?

I'm 5 weeks pregnant & today I started to bleed quite heavily with there being blood clots aswell. I've always had mild cramps in my pelvics & lower back but now ive started bleeding they're extremely painful. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago which came out positive saying 1-2 weeks, now today since i started bleeding i took another one which was negative can anyone please tell me what's going on? Have I lost my baby? Ive been to the doctors & there is nothing they can do yet as I cant have a scan till atleast 7 weeks..

9 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I'm really sorry, but it sounds like you're having an early m/c. You should go to the doctor to confirm though

11 years ago

I would get an Hcg test done to see where your levels are. Does sound as if it was a chemical pregnancy. That is what I had last month. They saw tissue which looked more like liver than just blood clots. So sorry to hear this for you. don't know what type of scan they are talking about but I didn't have any luck with an US either at my doctors.

11 years ago

This happened to me in December. I was even as far as you. The ER doctor said that since it was my first and so early that it was probably a genetic or chromosomal abnormality. It was definitely disheartening after trying for a year and a half. The only good news I got was that I could try again as soon as I stopped bleeding. My heart goes out to you. It definitely is very difficult.

11 years ago

So sorry. It sounds like a chemical pregnancy. It is common and you can try again right away, but painful and disheartening all the same. Make sure you talk to your doctor. Prayers your way!

11 years ago

This happened to me almost 2 weeks ago at 4w3d.

My symptoms were almost exactly the same. If you are getting a negative pregnancy test, chances are that it was a chemical pregnancy.

Sorry for your loss. I know it's heart wrenching, feels like a cruel joke. Just push yourself to move forward and know that the great majority of people go on to have healthy pregnancies after chemicals.

11 years ago

I'm so sorry. Please call our dr for confirmation and help if needed. Hugs

11 years ago

I'm soo sorry too. I agree with the other ladies and it sounds like you lost baby. I too had the same thing happen. I hadn't had a positive in 10 years (in September 2012) and when I got it, I was elated. But the next day I had the cramping and heavy bleeding and clotting. Because I realized what was going on, not to be gross but I did examine the clots and was moved to tears knowing that was baby. I also had a blood test to confirm the loss. Prayers to you.

11 years ago

Is there anything I can do?! The bleeding's getting heavier & the pain worse! The doctor was unfortunately no help I was just told to wait 2 weeks then do another pregnancy then.. I can't wait that long! I'm so scared & upset I don't know what to do with myself! :(

11 years ago • Post starter

Do another pregnancy test then*

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo