Community post

Question

hcg levels quadurpling in 48 hours is this a sign of twins?

went to the Dr on monday and levels were 21,000 and went today and levels were 73,000 and then Dr said need to retake in 2 weeks to see whats goimg on didnt tell me much.... need help freaking out

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

How far along are you?

11 years ago

i ment to say 2100 to 7300 in 48 hours and they said im about 4 weeks i just found out monday i was on the pill and felt really bad and late so took a test and + so i went to the dr and didnt kno what to do

11 years ago • Post starter

It could mean twins :)

User Image

11 years ago

At 5 wks 6 days mine were 44,000 at 7 weeks they were 121,000 my doc said the hcg level can't prove anything it just means at the time of blood test you are very preg,I quieried twins but they said until scan in 10 days... They won't know so chill about hcg just means you have strong pregnancy xx

11 years ago

idk if this is how you answer back lol but im freaked out this will be my 5th pregnancy i have a 3yr and 1yr and had 2 mc but i have lots of problems like premature labor around 20 weeks i hope the dr tells me more when i for sure call asap in the morning they sounded worried when they left a message today

11 years ago • Post starter

don't get upset. Calm down :) everything will fall into place. Numbers are just that, numbers- it could mean you are further along than they think. Call them first thing and explain your concern and tell them you need some reassurance on what they think is happening. I was 5 months pregnant when I found out I was having my 3rd. It's a lot of work, but it is well worth it. They are best friends because they are so close. Sure they keep me on my toes and I am sleep deprived most of the time- even though they're 4 and 5 now- but I coldn't imagine our family without my son :) Try and stay calm- you can come to the boards or feel free to message me if you need to. Good luck and keep me posted! ;)

User Image

11 years ago

Some people say higher HCG is linked to multiples but that's not always the case. With my current pregnancy at 5 weeks my hcg was 27,000 something and there is just one baby in there (at least that was all they saw at 7 weeks) Every woman is so different so don't read too much into the numbers. If they were really low I'd be concerned or like off the charts high which could signal a molar pregnancy but your seem fine.

11 years ago

At 17 DPO my Hcg was 1190 and I'm pregnant with twins. We didnt do a second beta so I don't know how fast it would have doubled. I didn't find out it was twins until my 8 week scan.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo