Community post

Question

Does it really matter the sex position for conceiving certain gender?

I've been trying to have baby girl but while we were bd the hubby didn't switch position in time I have 3 boys so want a daughter and I have like 4 calendar that say I ovulate tomorrow or I did today I think today I counted 14 days since last cycle 3-21-13 but I did bd on the 30/31 of march I hope I conceived then.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I don't believe position has anything to do with it, as u prob already know the sex of the baby is determined by the man , our eggs carry only the X. Male sperm can carry either X or Y . If a Y sperm meets with your X egg you have a boy , if a X sperm meets with your X egg if u have a girl , but f it helps I believe I conceived my girl in the doggy style position :P good luck!

11 years ago

I don't know about positions but I read somewhere that the timing of sex may be able to affect baby gender. It said that sperm with an x chromosome (girl) travel slower and live longer and sperm with a y chromosome (boy) travel faster but don't live as long. The book was very clear that if you suspect fertility problems or don't know EXACTLY when you ovulate (via opks or bbt) then you shouldn't try this. But it said that if you want a girl you should have sex 3-5 days before ovulation, but try to avoid the day before, day of, and day after. Also, just an interesting fact, iui tends to result in boys more often and ivf tends to result in girls.

11 years ago

I read it has to do with positioning because you want shallow penetration for a girl, ie, man on top. I have been trying for a girl as well and this is what i have been doing.

Good luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo