Community post

Question

Has anyone purchased a male fertility test and had accurate results?

I am worried my husband and I are having fertility issues. I seem to ovulate every month. I've used ovulation kits and get my period like clock-work.

Has anyone used a specific brand that they felt was accurate?

Katie

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

used the one that's sold in most drug stores, it was accurate for us, we already had an idea of what it would be though. a sperm analysis by a dr is the most accurate though. the fertility test in the drug store, is only going to let you know if the sperm count is above or below a certain number, and they say that sometimes when 'mixing the ingredients' you can cause the test to be false (air bubbles, too much liquid, etc... gives you a run down in the booklet that it comes with). best bet is to have your/his dr write a script for a sperm analysis... you get the results back within a few days. GL to you! =)

11 years ago

**it wont let you know the sperm count or motility count

11 years ago

Thank you so much! I think I am going to make the appointment with my doctor and have them order the sperm analysis. I don't trust myself with instructions! LOL - I hope it's not too expensive..

Katie

11 years ago • Post starter

I believe my insurance covers ours, hopefully you don't have such a hard time we had. DH tried for over two weeks to get a referral but his dr couldn't find anyone? I don't know what the heck was up with it but finally he has an appt for next week. Good luck!

11 years ago

i believe my DH's insurance covered it. he primary recommended a dr for him to see, he had an apt with the dr, then they sent him for 3 drop offs; and then he got his results a week later. GL to you! =)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo