Community post

Question

BBT.... how?

i would really like to start charting my BBT but i need to know if i just shouldnt bother. ive dont research so i know what the IDEAL situations are. heres the thing..

i dont wake up at the same time every day because i work different shifs at my job. i also sleep with a heated blanket in the winter because im naturally just cold. my questions are:

1. how off with my temp be if i take it after getting up and brushing my teeth? without brusing my teeth?

2. if im relaxing on my couch for a few hours, playing video game, on internet, reading will i get an accurate BBT?

3. if i cant take it at the same time each day, again because of shift work, should i rely on another method to track ovulation?

4. if i just check CM would that be enough?

thank you :)

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

As long as heated blanket is set to same setting all the time. #1&2- Don't do any thing but turn over to grab your thermometer when you wake to take your temp. Don't get out of bed, don't go to the bathroom/brush your teeth. Nothing. Your BBT is your RESTING temperature. If you walk around and get a drink/bathroom whatever your temp rises w/ activity. This could throw off everything.
#3-The basics of BBT charting is how the chart will look overall. If you work different hours set your alarm to wake you up. W/ a BBT thermometer (Make sure it's BBT/Fertility) it takes about two minutes for a reading. I wake up different times on the wknds vs wkdays. But I set my alarm for 5am just to take my temperature. I wouldn't deviate more than an hour for this. For this to work (It is an AMAZING/Accurate tool) you need to have a consistent waking time.
#4-Probably not. CM patterns can differentiate each day from *fertile* CM to nonfertile back to fertile. Have you considered OPKS

11 years ago

I wake up at different times too. I tried the alarm thing, but it just didn't work for me. Simply as soon as my eyes opened I turned to get the thermometer stick it in my mouth and snooze until it beeps write it downad get up. My chart still looked good and thanks to it i was sure I ovulated and I am sure i'm pregnant now ;) I still temp just out of curiosity.. :) GL

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo