Community post

Question

Is oral ok when ttc?

I heard saliva is a sperm killer. Is it ok to give your guy oral before penetration? Has anyone given oral while ttc and still conceived?

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Given that saliva is a massive sperm killer it's probably safer to just avoid oral sex all together.

User Image

11 years ago

Yes I posted that saliva kills the sperm x

11 years ago

I got pregnant with my son (while on bc) and we did that every time. It's not good for sperm, but it wont kill them all. I wouldn't stress out too much about a bit of saliva, have fun with it, after a few months it starts to become a chore becuz ppl dont have fun anymore. Good luck! =))

11 years ago

It isn't the greatest for TTC but I'd be willing to bet if that was a way to not get pregnant it would be advertised as birth control lol:) I had that same thought this last cycle but like I said, if not getting pregnant were that easy everyone would be doing it instead of using BC. The best thing you can do is just have fun and relax! If you are worried though I would avoid it just to put your mind at ease.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo