Community post

Question

Aspiring in early pregnancy?

I know aspirin is a no-no but I've had a headache all day that is making me nauseous and dizzy, so I asked DB to get me some tylenol. Unfortunately he picked up "acetaminophen with aspirin". Ugh.

So, will ONE dose hurt? Or should I just not risk it? I'm absolutely miserable and hardly able to sit up right now.

PS: Not sure if I am pregnant. Only 6dpo or 12dpo.

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Ugh. Can't seem to type either :P
Forgot to mention there has been a Tylenol recall? Hence why he didn't get just tylenol. Not sure if that includes the generics too or not.

11 years ago • Post starter

Low dose aspirin is used to help build the uterine lining and prevent miscarriages, if its a low dose of aspirin then I dont see why u couldnt, but I wouldnt take above the 81mg/day that women normally take. Ur best bet would be to call a pharmacist and ask them...they know more about drugs than doctors do, its all they deal with and they could tell u all the contraindictations involved with it. But even if ur 6 or 12dpo, baby aspirin is taken to help with implantation and miscarriages...I really dont see an issue.

11 years ago

Thank you for the response. I'm not real sure on all the rules considering I've always been told never to take aspirin, yet some women are given low doses to take to prevent m/c! I went ahead and took two pills and don't plan on taking anymore. Found an old bottle (under a year) of just acetaminophen in the back of the cabinet, wooo!

Also, the recall was actually just they missed their shipment. Good job CVS!

11 years ago • Post starter

Even better, if you can try some ice to your head or drink some warm (caffiene-free) tea, see if the natural methods work before resorting to medication. Sometimes hydrating helps the blood flow as well as aspirin (a blood-thinner) can.

User Image "I know the plans I have for you" says the LORD. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo