Community post

Question

When to test, before or after missed af? What are your experiences?

Hi, I am due for af around June 6th, day 28. Lately I've been getting af around day 27 though. One month it even came on day 31. I've heard many stories of women testing not long after ovulation, some getting bfp. With my last 2 pregnancies I tested either the day I missed af (went by longest cycle I've had), or 2 weeks after. This time I am wanting to test before I am due for af. But I am worried that if I happen to get a bfp, that I might end up getting af on due date (having a chemical pregnancy). I never knew about chemical pregnancies until hearing others heartbreaking stories. Now I'm not so sure if I should test early. What is everyone's else's opinion/experiences? Good luck to you all!

~*Mommy to 2 blessings. Trying for a 3rd!*~

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I had somewhat irregular cycles in the past. Several times I would test in the morning (FMU) only for AF to show later that day, so I got in the habit of testing only when AF was later than my longest cycle. I know some can't wait that long lol. Know that if you do test early, there's a chance you may not have detectable levels of hormones yet. You may get a negative result and still be pregnant. You may have to test again if AF doesn't show on time. I know it's stressful, but whenever you test, it won't change the outcome of what happens-pregnant or not, chem or not. Good luck!

11 years ago

I found out i was pregnant at only two weeks, but every person is different

11 years ago

Testing early (as I often do!) Can cause unneeded expense and stress, if you can stand to wait till you are late. We weren't ttc with my first dd, and man, it was so nice to all of a sudden realize I was late and go buy *one* test! And have it be clearly +! I wish I weren't so fascinated and impatient about testing sooner.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo