Community post

Question

Please help!!!!!!!

On cd 10 and 11 I usde OPK and got both lines, but the test lines were lighter, than the control lines, and then on cd 12 and 13 the control lines showed up but the test lines never showed but very very faint to the point where you could hardly see them. So what do you ladies think? That I am gonna ovulate later or I am just not gonna ovulate. Last month I was pretty sure that my husband and I BD at the right time and everything but the preg test kept coming back negative. Does anyone have any input or similar situations they can share with me, that would be greatly appreciated?

User Image

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hey :) Are you testing at the same time each day? I know it sounds weird, but I got my first positive OPK this month (in 3 months of testing), at 2.30am!! None of my daytime tests ever showed positive, and I was starting to worry something was wrong, then tested in the middle of the night just for the fun of it(!) and it came out pos. Turns out I surged during the night - and when I looked into it online it turned out that some people do. Most surge in the middle of the day, which is why everyone says to test in the afternoon/early eve. If you don't get your BFP this month, I'd suggest testing several times a day (and at night!) next cycle until you get your first strong positive OPK, that way you'll know what time it's best to test in the future. Hope that helps, and good luck! xx

12 years ago

PS - I'd highly recommend charting your BBT if you can, it's the best way of confirming whether you have actually ovulated, even if you don't catch your LH surge with an OPK...

12 years ago

I test when I get up around 1030 in the morning!!!! I work till 11 at night so 1030 is the best time for me. Thanks for the comments!!!!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I usually have irrgular periods and my cycles are usually long
I thought I probably ovaluate cycle day 14 to 16 or maybe later
So this cycle I decided to get ovulation test first response
Just for fun I thought I would try on cuz I couldn't wait and I was on cycle day 10
I thought it would come faint but it shocked me when the control line came kinda dark so I thought that's weird we baby danced just in case so I thought to myself let me test again if it was the same its probably not yet so when I tested the next day it was darker and then I know am probably ovaluting early
You can check out my pics
So what am saying is even if your cycle is long you might ovaluate early too
One lady told me that happend to her
Am guessing maybe the day it was kinda dark you ovaluted cuz I heard storis that sometimes you don't get a perfect postive
Good luck

12 years ago

I test twice a day, (once in the am, once in the pm) so I don't miss the surge. Also some people only get "almost positives" and rarely a true positive. You may also want to try a different brand, some people have better luck with one brand over another. Another thing to keep in mind is that it's normal to have a cycle here and there where you don't ovulate at all. If you sometimes have a short cycle you could start testing even earlier (like cycle day 8). Keep in mind that LH also fluxuates, so having it go from light to dark-ish (but not positive) is normal at any point in your cycle, so it could be that you haven't ovulated yet. Good luck!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo