Community post

Question

4 days late, little/no period or pregnancy symptoms

I'm having slight pains on my right side, and 19 days DPO. I took a test earlier this week at 14 and 15 dpo, but got negative answers. This is my first cylce TTC and have never been this late on my period, but also just got of implanon in december. I'm not sure if this is pregnancy or just my body getting back to normal after birth control.

I have had none of the cramping or breakouts I usually get before my period.

I will go to the drug store and get more pregnancy tests today, but if they're also negative what should I do? At what point would you call the doctor to get a blood test?

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Sorry, I wrote that I got off my birth control in December, but I was actually in October. Whoops.

12 years ago • Post starter

Are you charting your temperature and cervical fluid to know when you are ovulating?

Going off BCP can cause people to be irregular for some time. I know for me it took a year to actively doing cleanses, nutrition, and herbal treatments to get my periods on track.

If your period doesn't come soon, you can see your doctor and if they do confirm you're not pregnant, they can give you a progesterone pill to jump start your period. Or you could use wild yam cream too (just make sure you're not pregnant first).

GL!

User Image

12 years ago

@Acudoc I didn't chart, I just used some cheapy OPK I got from Amazon. I got a clear ovulation positive on cycle day 7.

12 years ago • Post starter

well if you got a clear opk test, then I would see your doctor for blood work to confirm. Even with a clear opk you can still ovulate a few days later.

If you're not pregnant, then for sure you should be getting your period no later than 18 DPO.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo