Community post

Question

What are my chances of getting pregnant?

My husband and I are in our mid-twenties and we've decided to start trying to have a baby. I had my birth control implant (implanon) removed at the end of October. I ovulated for the first time this month. I've read online that a woman has a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle. I'm guessing that those numbers are averaged for all women, not for someone who is in their twenties, has always had regular periods, and in perfect health. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what someone in my situation's chances are of getting pregnant each cycle, or if I just don't understand how they've come up with the 20-25% statistic. Thanks!

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

20% chance for a perfect healthy couple. It decreases from 20% when you have fertility issues. Just because you are in your 20's have perfect cycles and are in good health don't assume you have close to 100% chance and it'll happen the first try. You also can't forget about your other half. There could be sperm issues that you don't know about. Any man, any age can have motility problems or low sperm count. You don't know these things until you start trying unfortunatly.
Best of luck to you.

12 years ago

To get the most out of that 20% I suggest charting bbt and using opk's...if you don't already. And of course ask whatever questions you want.
Baby Dust!!

12 years ago

People in their mid 20's are in the peak of fertility, assuming neither of you have any fertility problems. My husband and i are in perfect condition. Healthy, workout, eat right, take vitamins, but we are in our 4th cycle ttc. On average it takes a healthy 20's couple 4-6 months to conceive.

12 years ago

i have been off the pill for 8 months now and this is our seventh month of trying i am in my early twenties and have no issues that i know of i am regular and ovulate so every month just gotta give it your best .

12 years ago

you really never know. My sister-in-law is in great health, but she's had two miscarriages and hasn't been able to conceive again in the past 7 months (desipite fertility treatments). I have an older friend, almost 40, high blood pressure and morbidly obese and she got pregnant on her 2 cycle trying. Even with perfect timing, normal healthy couples have only about a 20-25% chance each month. My DH and I are finally pregnant after a year of trying. We had "perfect" timing most of those months. Good luck to you! If you want to increase your chances, use OPKs or a fertility monitor.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo