Community post

Question

Retroverted (backwards tilting) uterus

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to hear some TTC stories from women with a retroverted uterus and hopefully some tips :-)

<3!~Good luck, baby dust, and sticky glue to all~!<3

8 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

So happy someone else posted on this topic, I have posted about it but haven't received any answers! Does retro uterus mean the same thing as tiled cervix??

12 years ago

Yes it is!! I have heard 20 million times before (and looked it up) and it says it doesn't affect infertility, though I was reading that the opening to the uterus could be off aligned with the cervix, making it more difficult for the sperm to get to the egg. The cure to this is laying on your belly instead of on your back. Also it helps if your DH (or whoever) pulls their penis out half way before ejaculating because many women with retroverted (tilted) uterus end up having "semen pools" where the semen is literally stuck due to the inalignment of the uterus and cervix. I want to hear more from others, as everything I have been told has either come from a MD or Google :-) Is your cervix tilted? And what's the rest of your story??

12 years ago • Post starter

Ok I am happy u clarified. Because two different obgyn told me and one said uterus the other says cervix! I can tell my cervix is tilted when I check it's position! I know my uterus is pointing towards my back because a donigrapher told me when I had an endovaginal ultrasound. Maybe tmi but I find that after we BD a lot of fluid comes out, that concerns me a bit

12 years ago

Definately not too much info!!! I have noticed this also, and cannot help but wonder how many sperm are actually staying inside. So it's not just you...also couldn't help but realize your an Army Wife TTC #1, girl we couldn't be in a more similar boat :-) My bf is in the National Guard, reserves right now. TTC before he gets sent off again in 2013!!!

I have a tilted uterus as well and have had no problem conceiving. I did read to lie on your bellu after BD though! Good luck!

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks KNGrady!!! I've heard the one thing that complicates the whole situation is depending on the angle that the uterus is pointing, due to creating those "semen pools"...and also not being able to find the baby when they thought they should...I'm about to post a link...go look!!!

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com

about half of these ladies have a retroverted uterus (tilted backwards)

I got my BFP today <3 Yall keep trying??

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo