Community post

Question

Overcoming fear of childbirth. Pregnant

I have just fallen pregnant and I am a complete mess. So terrified of giving birth, please help me with advice how to relax and overcome it. I am so stressed

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I had the same fear when I found out I was pregnant. I worried about it so much I would almost make myself sick which is so ridiculous!! Idk what ever made me calm down but I do know that when I would start worrying I would get up and go do something to keep my kind busy and I did a ton of research which is not suggested if seeing/knowing all the details/facts aren't your thing. Looking at it head on os easier for me personally. Just keep in kind that women go into labor every single day and the technology we have and the meds we have are incredible and you're going to be just fine!! I wouldn't be asking other moms about their birth stories either bc EVERY woman is different and your labor and delivery will be different. I would also recommend joining a FB mommy group and/or joining the sister site countdownmypregnancy.com there's a ton of other mommies on there w your same concerns. Congratulations and good luck!! Enjoy your pregnancy!!!!!!

BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE MY RAINBOW BABY FOR 6 MONTHS SO HARD FOR A

10 years ago

yes, don't listen to other's birth stories!! in fact, don't worry at all. when I was a first time mom it IS a bit nerve-wracking not knowing what is going on, but trust me- when you finally get to labor in the hospital they take care of you! the nurses and everyone will hold your hand and help you the whole way---so don't worry about a thing! its natural, and if pain is your worry after I got my epidural, I could have had 10 children right then, I couldn't feel a thing...

10 years ago

Just go with the flow, plan to do everything as naturally as possible but accept the doctors help when he offers, after all they do thousands of births in a career. Take a support person with you to the hospital. Epidurals are great if you need one.

10 years ago

Thanks so much ladies!! This is my first & I am planning a natural however if I need pain relief I will definetly be taking it! I have anemia and I am on liquid iron everyday & one bit I'm terrified of is bleeding to death! Just silly things like this are really getting to me. I have stopped reading birth stories & am steering away from Dr Google so I don't have panic attacks about every little thing I feel in my body!! It's such a scary thing for the first time, and as a person with anxiety it has been a struggle so far getting used to it.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo