Community post

Question

Should BBT be erratic during AF?

I know you don't have to start tracking BBT until after AF, but I wanted to "practice" before it really became important. In the past 6 days, my temps have gone up and down by as much as 0.4 degrees, which is pretty significant if I understand it correctly. Is this why you're told not to temp during AF? I really don't think it's possible that I'd be ovulating this soon, but the spikes and dips sort of concern me.

Me: 23 DH : 28 DD : 3 TTC #2!! User Image

1 Answer • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

It's very common for your BBT to be erratic during AF. Try not to read much into it yet.

Just make sure that you are very rigid about following the rules for temp taking (ie: taking it the same time everyday, before getting out of bed - even before you open your eyes or move around at all!)

If it continues to be very erratic after AF there may a problem with the way you are taking it, so read up on more tips for temp taking and it should even out.

I love BBT charting, it makes me feel so in control and helps soooo much in understanding when we actually ovulate!

Good luck!!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo