Community post

Discussion

Our Journey Part 6 : Success, Setbacks and Hope!

View Full Post

Hey girls!

Here's the continuation of our thread. It's got a new title to include us all. Some of us have had success-and we want to hear all about the new journey. Some of us have had setbacks-but still need support as they navigate what happens next. And some of us are still walking the path of TTC with clomid.

Good Luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

333 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 333 Replies | Last Page

Victoria: I just want to re-assure you that failing the 1hr glucose test doesn't automatically mean you have GD. Only about one third of the women who failed the 1hr test actually have GD. I failed mine too and suffered through the 3hrs test. I passed it just fine. Good luck!

12 years ago

I got a surprise call from the clinic. My hcg level is 387!!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago • Post starter

Nancy - Thank you so much for your post. That makes me feel so much better! However the nurse sure made it sound like I had GD..... guess we will see after tomorrow. I will keep you all posted! I'm glad you are in the clear!

Melissa - That is soooooo great! Can't wait to hear about the next one! I know it will be a good one! :)

12 years ago

Jess- Yay! Props to you!! Am sure you will reach your goal. Hard work and determination is all it takes!

Nancy- When do they make you go in for the GD test? During what week? What do they do exactly?

Victoria- I didn't know that eitther,what Nancy said. Good luck tomorrow. Praying for good results. Keep us updated. Sending positive vibes your way.
_
Lis- Yay for the beta results! What does the ultrasound have to do with the second beta! I don't understand this doctor!! Would it be difficult for you to change your doc. Is she your ob? At least for now you have your first beta done :). I am glad you didn't have to wait to see the doc. I ask you so many questions sometimes. I hope your not annoyed.

User Image

12 years ago

Nat, no worries on the questions. :) I am definitely liking talking about this, lol!

Anyway, I may have been confusing with what I wrote about my Dr. My family Dr. and my RE, Dr. B and Dr. O, both said no the the beta. I went to a different clinic (an urgent care style, we call them walk-ins) and Dr. A ordered my beta's there, with no trouble at all. I have a second requisition for Tuesday as well, from the walk-in Dr. So basically, I took my care into my own hands and saw someone new, because my regular Dr. totally dropped the ball on me.

When I was in Vegas, Dr. B's receptionist called me back and said that Dr. B wouldn't order the beta, because the test results wouldn't be back in time for my first prenatal appointment with her this Thursday. That's a lie, since I got my results on the same day as the test. I just don't know if she knowingly lied to me, or if she is just really misinformed about beta tests and results.

I see my family Dr. this Thursday for the first time in a year. She isn't my OB. In Canada, you see your family Dr. for the first 20 or so weeks, and then get transferred to an OB. The ultrasound I want hasn't been declined yet, because I haven't seen her to ask her for it yet. When I see her on Thursday, I am going to ask for a requisition for that, and if she says no, I will be very angry and will be finding a new Dr.

I have waited so long for this pregnancy, I'm getting older and I'm not playing around with anything at all to do with my care or this baby's care. My Dr. is going to find that out, lol!

Melissa - I'm glad you are taking charge of your own prenatal care! You know your own body and circumstances better than any doctor so good for you!

Nat - They do the glucose challenge test between 24 and 28 weeks. They did my at 29 weeks which makes me mad they did it so late. Basically what they do is give you a REALLY sugary drink (called "glucola") have you drink it, and test your blood an hour later to see how your body handles the glucose. If your blood sugar levels remain high after an hour, it may indicate your body is not producing enough insulin to meet your demands and/or the insulin is not being absorbed well. THEN they do a 3 hour test (which is I just had) if your blood sugar level comes back abnormal only. They had me fast the night before, come in and tested my blood (fasting glucose level) then had me drink more glucola and tested me three more times (once every hour) to see how my body handled the glucose over time.

So my fasting glucose level was 95 which is good/normal. They didn't finger prick me after that only did blood draws so I have to wait 24-48 hours for the results. I felt MISERABLE after drinking the glucola though. Thought I would puke/pass out but they said that was normal. Still feel a little off 8 hours later but I think it is from all the stress on my body. I will let you ladies know when I hear from the doc with my results.

12 years ago

Lis- You are doing the right thing. You can't just sit around and wait for them.

Victoria- They finger prick you during the test? I would rather get my blood drawn several times than that. How can you fast while pregnant. That is crazy! I am afraid I ll pass out! I am glad your fastingblood glucose level was good. Hope you get results quick. Do they do this test at the ob's office?

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies

I've missed so much! And I've missed chatting with y'all. Nancy! It is so great to hear from you!!! I thought you had forgotten about us. Congratulations on having a little girl! For whoever said they had talked to ash please tell Her that I miss her dearly and am prayin for her everyday. Victoria I'm thrilled your Glucose test came back normal, what a relief! Lis yay for betas! I'm so excited to hear those numbers! Marg how is everything with you? And Jess I hope school and life is going so mug smother for you than it has been! You need a little rest out from under all that stress! Kraken any updates from you dear?

Afm I have been so busy with school. We have mid-terms soon and check offs and clinicals. I've also been helping my sister with her cheer leading tryouts. She almost had a back handspring but she waited till I went to class last night and tried it without a "spot" (by herself) and ended up hurting her arm. We spent a good bit of yesterday at the hospital. They know she doesn't have a clean break but they had to sen her xrays off for a radiologist 45 minutes away to read it and make sure she has no hairline fractures. Sigh. Anyways, I have a good bit of studying, errands, and house work to do today but I decides to make a little time for myself too. I'm going to get my hair highlighted at 10. Praying it turns out okay.

I'll check back in later. Love you all.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Shea, I hope you enjoy getting your hair done and it turns out nicely. Let us know about your sister.

Victoria, glad your fasting level was good. Let us know about the rest of the numbers when you get them. you don't have GD.

AFM, I'm going for my second beta in a couple of hours. I'm really nervous, and hoping the numbers have doubled!

Hi Ladies,

Just got a call from my doctor's office. I failed the 3-hour which means I have GD. They are referring me to Diabetes Education through the hospital so I can get set up with a blood glucose monitor. I will need to test my blood 4 times a day and modify my diet. I know I can do it and my baby's health makes it worth it but I'm still pretty devastated by the diagnosis.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo