Replies by writergirl04

Replies 21 - 30

OMG. Where to start.
"Don't stress out about it"
"When you stop tracking you will get pregnant"
"Just get drunk and have sex, that's what worked for us" "You just need to relax"
"You are so young, you have plenty of time"
...and the list goes on and on and on.

We started trying in March, I didn't have a period in July or Aug so last month I took progesterone and clomid - Now on Day 38 of my cycle and a BFN but no period. That's what is most frustrating for me, I am usually incredibly regular. Even after I stopped my BC in January - I had no period in Feb but was regular March-June and then nothing. Had some stress in July (death of my 18 year old cousin) but doesn't account for August...or for this month. I'm about to start progesterone again, which I'm not looking forward to since it turned me into a crazy person last month - crying constantly. My poor husband. :(

And I also feel like everyone is pregnant. Most recently a friends of ours who started trying around the same time we did, or a little after. So hard to be happy for them. And let's not even talk about my friends who have a son who isn't even 1 yet - she went to have surgery and SURPRISE they couldn't operate because she was pregnant - while taking birth control! And not even trying! O!M!G! Sorry - that last part was full of sarcasm. :) Stay strong ladies...

10 years ago
Reply to trying to conceive and jealousy

Public

Hi Ladies - So wish I was anywhere near a "TWW" BUT - after not having AF for two months - went to the doc and blood results indicate I have not ovulated. SO - 2 days ago I started progesterone. Hopefully AF will show up after the 10 days of meds, then once I start I will take clomid. I'm frustrated. And feeling highly emotional (progesterone side effect maybe?!) Oy. In more encouraging news my husband's "whack a mole" (read: semen analysis) results were good. She said the count was a little low but that could have been caused by a number of factors. Overall she said everything looked good. SO - I'm just hoping and praying the progesterone does what it is supposed to do and we can get this baby making rolling. Hugs and Luck to all of you!

10 years ago
Reply to First time TTC; going crazy!

Public

Advertisement

Welcome MammyCool - I've used the ovulation tests for a few months and still no baby, so the jury is out on that one. :) My understanding is they are a good indicator of when you will ovulate but they don't actually confirm if you ovulated. I figure at least they help me know when the best time is to try! As for the abbreviations, I've been in the forum for 4ish months and I still have to reference this page: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/support/help_community.php#abbreviations

:) Best of luck!

10 years ago

Public

Hi Ladies. Abennett - my husband just did an analysis too, dropped it off yesterday - fingers crossed. We've been joking about it since he picked up the kit so he called me yesterday to say "the goods have been delivered" and then proceeded to say he lit candles and ran a bubble bath. ;) I have an appointment next Friday. They mentioned in my previous appointment that if everything came back fine from him, they could start me on clomid. With only being on month 5 of trying, wondering if I should wait a while before we start that. Like I've said before, my biggest fear is that I'm not ovulating - mostly because I do not get a clear temperature shift. The OPKs indicate I am, or at least that I get the hormone surge, but that doesn't guarantee actual O. I would just feel better if i knew I was for sure Ovulating.

After skipping my period last month, I'm waiting for AF to start. Typically it would of been this week starting anywhere from Wed-today. My big plan last month was to bd every day after my period, and then I never started...

10 years ago

Public

AshleyLauren - I am so sorry! Sending positive thoughts to you and your husband!

10 years ago

Public

Hey Ladies - just an update since I posted several weeks ago - never did get my period this month but all tests were negative (yup, there were more than one...couldn't help it!!) Which has made TTC this cycle very difficult since I had no idea when I was Ovulating...should have bought an OPK. I have an appointment on Aug 16 to start getting a work up to make sure everything is working as designed...just called today to see if they want my husband to do any testing before my appointment or if we will do it after. Haven't heard back yet. I know 5 months isn't a long time to be trying, but I'm getting frustrated and feeling like its not going to happen. :(

10 years ago

Public

I'm 18 dpo, took a test at 12 dpo and it was negative. About 3 days late for AF. Thinking it is probably the stress of dealing with my 18 year old cousin's death (funeral is tomorrow and I am speaking.) If I haven't started by the end of the week I will test again.

10 years ago
Reply to July Testers

Public

Congrats Ally4par! I'm 11 DPO and have not tested...other than one short dizzy/tired spell, I haven't had any symptoms so I feel like there is no point in testing. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised at the end of the week when I'm supposed to get AF, but we'll see.

10 years ago
Reply to July Testers

Public

Hi Ladies! I am 6 dpo today and last night was awful again with the UTI symptoms. But the fact that they go away makes me think it isn't an actual UTI...and it is listed as a pregnancy symptom. With that said, from everything I read there are very few symptoms before implantation, so it is probably just a coincidence. Good luck, all!

10 years ago

Public

I'm 4 DPO, at least I think. In the 3 months I have been charting I do not get a clear temp shift, so my calculations are based on the digital ovulation kit results.

Yesterday I felt like I was getting a bladder infection - sudden urge to pee, but then nothing. I chugged lots of water and Cranberry juice, and seem to be fine today.

Good luck, all!

10 years ago
Reply to July Testers

Public